Last Updated: December 1, 2021
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
a. Personal Information
b. Device Information
When you visit our Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, the date and time of your visit, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
As you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, the features you use, how you interact with the Site, and what websites or search terms referred you to the Site.
We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies”, which are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files”, which track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date and time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels”, which are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
c. Order Information
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, email address, phone number, billing address, shipping address, and credit card informationto complete and fulfill your order. However, your credit card information will not be stored on file for future use.
We refer to the above information as “Order Information”.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the Personal Information we collect to:
- Fulfill any orders placed through the Site, including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations;
- Communicate with you, including through tailored marketing messages and transactional emails about our products, services and related services;
- Screen our orders for potential risk of fraud;
- Improve and optimize our Site by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site;
- Assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns; and
- Meet legal, regulatory, insurance, security and processing requirements.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Shopify, in respect of the Site’s ecommerce platforms: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
- Google Analytics, in respect of collecting statistics about the behaviour of customers and visitors to our Site: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Loox - https://loox.app/legal/privacy-policy-merchants
- Recharge - https://rechargepayments.com/privacy-policy/
- Klaviyo - https://www.klaviyo.com/legal/privacy-notice
- eShipper - https://www.eshipper.com/privacy-policy/
We encourage you to read these third party privacy policies, along with the privacy policies of any other third-party websites, plug-ins, services, social networks, or applications linked to or made accessible through our Sites.
We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and related rules and regulations, to respond to a lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google (Search, YouTube, etc.) - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- Stackadapt - https://www.stackadapt.com/privacy-policy
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Subject to certain limited exceptions, you have the right to access your Personal Information held by us. You may require us to change, amend or delete Personal Information that you have provided to us at any time.
If you wish to change, amend, or delete any of your Personal Information in our custody or control, you may contact us using the information below. You can also contact us to stop receiving e-mails from us or request a list of third parties to which we may have provided your Personal Information. We take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access, updating or making corrections, therefore we may require you to provide sufficient Personal Information to allow us to identify you (which Personal Information will only be used for this purpose).
If you prefer that we not use or disclose your information for any of these purposes or wish to revoke your consent, you may notify us in writing at any time using the contact information below. Note that a request from you that we not use or disclose your personal information for certain purposes may affect our ability to provide you with products and/or services.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example, if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information in accordance with applicable legal retention periods.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect the Personal Information in our custody or control from loss, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
However, please note that no security measures can offer absolute security. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the internet. In particular, e-mails sent to or from us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
You also have a role in protecting the security of your information; for example, you should guard your password and not permit unauthorized use of your account.
TRANSFER OF DATA
The Site is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 19. We do not knowingly collect or use any personal information from any individuals under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from an individual under the age of 13, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such Personal Information from our database.
330 – 1122 Mainland Street
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or our supervisory authority here: https://www.oipc.bc.ca/.